Thursday, October 6, 2011

TRUFFLES like CUPCAKES - Recipe

TRUFFLES designed like MINI CUPCAKES!

SO around a week ago I came up with this idea of designing chocolate truffles in the appearance of mini cupcakes. And I began to think about how it could look, and also how I could approach it. Obviously an easy way is to google and consider other people's ideas and how they do it.
However it did not take me very long to realize that most people only made cupcakes that INCLUDE chocolate truffles inside. No one seemed to make a truffle in the design of cupcakes.
I thought this would be a cool idea and great surprise for the two people who design it. One is for a cousin I haven't seen in a long time. The other....we'll let's just keep that a secret between you and me ;)
Anyway, I sketched up some plans and decided I wanted to make 4 flavors, 2 of each flavor to go into a small gift box and then I can wrap it up with nice gift wrap ribbons. I also got some inspiration from seeing someone's gift of cupcakes with chocolate pieces and writing on top. So I wanted to make one of those where you open it up and being delighted by mini cupcakes with letters on each that form the name of the person etc.

But this was a difficult process since I had to come up with the whole method myself, and it certainly didn't make it easy making so many flavor mixes :p I'd suggest if it's your first time making chocolate truffle or coating them or moulding, just stick with maybe one or two designs, or try making normal truffles first. They will offer a good experience especially when it comes to designing your own ideas :)

Anyway, here goes!


Photobucket





So as mentioned before, there are a few flavors:
- 1) Choc. Swirl top with White bottom & Black Heart Truffle at center.
- 2) All White with Maltese at center.
- 3) All Dark with White Heart Truffle at center.
- 4) White Top with Dark Choc. bottom & Pink Marshmallow at center.

As you could see from my self drawn guide - it's pretty explanatory with coating on outside for body and top dome, and then filled with chocolate truffle and some form of filling. I couldn't really be bothered with the dessicated coconut topping, but I nailed mostly everything, not sure if the heart method would work...since I didn't cut the heart one. I made just 3 sets, two box for gifting, and one box for my mum to take overseas so I couldn't cut more than one :p

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


RECIPE/s

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





So, will you go into this crazy effort to treat your beloved ones? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment